Σάββατο 6 Οκτωβρίου 2018

Empty Eyes / Mary and Pearl





O.k, that's my eerie one. I stated before that it was difficult writing these stories. Yet, I liked writing this one due to the fact that it is more about metaphysics than an actual crime story.   





Segment 4 : Mary and Pearl

“In the beginning we both existed. You must have sensed it. You could not remember but you knew something was missing, Mary.
I was missing while you were alive and kicking being brought up as an only child.
They buried my body in a secret place. They wiped all evidence of my existence. They forgot that photo of us, but they did not know. They do not know and you promised not to tell them. You won’t betray me. Our bond is the strongest there is.
I felt insulted by their efforts to make believe I was never here. I had enough time to waste some breath in your world. And damn it I was their creation too. Was it so bad that there were two of us to remind them of their love? They never came to my grave. They moved to another town. They have forsaken me.
Yet you realized something was off. The more they tried to convince you that you were alone the more suspicious they made you of their lies. You slowly started to uncover your memories.
“Who is Pearl?” you asked them one day.
They almost had a stroke. How I laughed. But nobody hears me when I laugh nor when I cry. I am so alone in this place in – between, without you.
I grew up with you. Sort of.
Shhhhh… no one can know that. They all think that when we go we remain forever children. We do not. I did not. I had you to observe. You were in my place, living my life along with yours.
And now look how your steps brought you to the place where I vanished.
You like it too.
Come on.
Step closer to the lake.
Gaze at me in your reflection.
I would be the same as you without the stupid haircut. It does not suit you one bit. But this is no longer a matter of importance.
Try to cross the lake.
It’s too deep, ain’t it?
I thought that too.
Use the tree trunk. It will get you to the other side.
Steady, Mary. No need to rush things.
You are almost there.
Or not.
You slipped, sister.
It is the same spot I where I lost my balance years ago…
I forgot to warn you about that one.
Now you are a shadow like me. And we can play.”© Constance M.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Welcome to my World! - Καλώς Ήλθατε στον Κόσμο μου!